Watch the latest news from the Council of Europe in Strasbourg every Friday: the weekly Web TV journal includes interviews with people working in and around the Organisation.
In this 20th edition of the Journal http://webtv.coe.int/ we ask them:
- Is gender equality a minority issue? Carlien Scheele, Chair of the Council of Europe Gender Equality Commission, replies.
- How to deal with corruption in education? Sjur Bergan, Head of the Education Department, shares his views on the issue.
- Does Switzerland offer the right to die to elderly people? The European Court of Human Rights issued a judgment in the case Gross v. Switzerland.
- Also in this edition: the use of special investigation techniques in fighting terrorism has been the focus of international co-operation at the Council of Europe. Thomas Wuchte, Head of the OSCE Action against terrorism, is interviewed.
- And finally, we spoke to Edward Nalbandian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia – whose country assumed the chairmanship of the Council of Europe on May 16 – on the priorities of the Armenian Presidency.