An event organised by the Language Associations and Collaborative Support (LACS) project team in partnership with the European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML)
5 September 2013 – National Curriculum Centre, Hamrun, Malta
This event aims to provide language teachers, teacher educators, policy-makers and other multipliers with an opportunity to discuss some of the current issues in relation to language teaching and learning. The contributions of language teaching experts working on a number of projects for the European Centre for Modern Languages will enable participants in this Seminar to develop an understanding of some of the most innovative approaches to language pedagogy and materials design.
The Seminar will include :
– a plenary by Dr Terry Lamb from the University of Sheffield. Dr Lamb is a world-renowned researcher in the field of learner and teacher autonomy in language learning;
– a workshop on the teaching materials and training kit developed within the FREPA project, which aims to establish links between languages and language varieties that learners bring from home or are learning in schools;
– a workshop on the More DOTS project, which provides integrated pedagogical and technological resources to language teaching practitioners. Participants in this workshop will be shown examples of best practice in linking language pedagogy and online technologies;
– a number of talks by other language teaching researchers and practitioners;
– the seminar will end with a forum debate focusing on the ECML’s function as a catalyst for reform in the teaching and learning of languages. This event will thus serve to create synergy amongst some of the main stakeholders in the field of language teaching in the Maltese Islands.
> More information: LACS Malta 2013 – Information Sheets
> Registration form: LACS Malta 2013 – Registration Form
Pingback: 2nd ELT Malta Conference – Inspiring Teachers | fiplv