On behalf of the organising committee, we would like to warmly welcome you to Brisbane for the 2014 AILA Congress. August is a beautiful time of year in the river city, with warm sunny days and cool nights. The congress venue, Brisbane’s Convention Centre – rated as one of the best such facilities in the world, is in the heart of the city and will have the capacity to house all the Congress’ activities, making it easy to participate in Congress events while being within walking distance of hotels, cultural activities and entertainment venues.
The organisers already have been working hard to sketch out a program, and to develop events in line with our theme, “One world, many languages”. We are excited about the Congress and the opportunity to welcome all of you to share our world – both that of applied linguistics and the special place that Australia is.
See you on our website and in August 2014 in Brisbane!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend AILA 2014
- It is the most important event in applied linguistics and showcases high level presentations and discussions on key issues in the field.
- Get your message to the broad applied linguistics field.
- This Congress occurs only every 3 years.
- It is the only conference to bring together professionals with researchers and students from around the world.
- It’s Australia! Come for the conference and stay for a holiday in sunny Queensland, visit natural wonders (Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, Kakadu) or visit one of our wonderful cities on your way home from Brisbane.
Register before 30 April 2014 to receive the early bird rate.