FIPLV is happy to sponsor the following conference in Turkey, where the President. Prof Terry Lamb, will give a keynote address.
Conference name: ISLPR Global First International Conference on TESOL
Theme: Developing and Measuring Real Language
Conference Venue: Ankara University, Turkey
Dates: 30 and 31 July, 2014
Key Issues and Sub-Themes:
· Developing and Measuring Practical Proficiency
· Teaching and Testing Real Language
· Critical Issues in Teaching and Testing Real Languages
· Goals and their Assessment
· Proficiency, Culture and Attitudes
· Teachers: Teaching and Testing
· Policy, Methods and Assessment
· Needs Analysis
· Programme Evaluation
· Fostering Professional Self-Development
· Research, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
Aims of the Conference:
· To focus on research and practice in TESOL
· To focus on issues in language teaching and testing
· To consider the implications of practical language skills for
language teaching and testing
· To consider how language tests may be made relevant to individual
language needs and experiences
· To promote the use of the International Second Language
Proficiency Ratings (ISLPR®)
· To consider the application of the ISLPR to language education
policy, curriculum development, programme evaluation and individual testing
· To inform participants about current research developments.
Conference events will include a conference dinner and optional tours
(including, we hope, a tour to Gallipoli and Anzac Cove).
Hello to you all and thanks for holding such a conference. I wish I’ll be able to attend.